You’ll usually find them outlined on the same site where you downloaded the images from. Just remember that in most cases, flashing a factory image will completely wipe your phone. The ultimate method for getting your phone back to stock is to flash a factory image. This reverts your phone almost to the state it was in when you first unboxed it. All you need to do afterward is lock the bootloader, and your device will be completely factory fresh.
It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 760 (7 nm) chipset. The phone comes with 128 or 256 GB internal storage and shared MicroSD slot. There is a side-mounted fingerprint sensor in this phone. So, you should firmware ensure to backup all important data on the phone- like contacts, messages, app data, etc.
After downloading these files, copy them to your Xiaomi phone’s internal storage. Your device is now booted in the fastboot; you may proceed ahead with your android device. If you carry a OnePlus device then this file is placed in payload.bin. There are many reasons why you want to bid adieu to TWRP in spite of the goodies that it offers. Firstly, many users out there are still using unofficial builds of the recovery. Ensure to install the right custom ROM on your Android phone. Do NOT proceed if the firmware is incompatible with your phone model number.
You have successfully installed ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool. If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments.
- Xiaomi provides full ROMs of every update, for each of its compatible devices.
- Next, go to the MI flashing tool and tap on the Refresh button to see the connected devices.
- However, we recommend using the latest tool version for Maximum Compatibility and Stability with the Windows OS.
- Unlike a Recovery ROM, installing a Fastboot ROM requires your device to have an unlocked bootloader.
- To ensure that all important data on the phone (like contacts, messages, app data, etc) is safe, back them all up because you could loose data after flashing.
He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. The Flash File will help you Upgrade, Downgrade, or re-install the Stock Firmware (OS) on your Mobile Device. In addition, the Flash File (ROM) also enables you to repair the Mobile device if facing any Software Issue, Bootloop Issue, IMEI Issue, or Dead Issue. Have you tried ‘rooting‘ or installing ‘custom ROM’ on your Xiaomi device before? If you did, chances are your phone’s user interface don’t look similar to that of others in the same brand.